To get in your car and make your way from one location to another, you must have a working transmission. This is the part of your car that allows you to change gears. It does this by moving power from your engine to your wheels in an efficient manner. However, while a transmission is required, there is plenty of controversy over whether an automatic or manual transmission is the better option. We’ll look at the facts so that you can make the best possible decision.
In modern times, automatic transmissions have become more popular than manuals. However, that doesn’t mean this is the correct choice for you. Here are some of the advantages associated with an automatic transmission, rather than a manual with transmission shift kits.
- Convenient – While driving a manual isn’t difficult, automatic transmissions are simpler to use. It requires less practice and user control to operate a vehicle with an auto transmission.
- Less Restrictive – When you learn to drive, you typically are taught to keep both hands on the wheel. This is not possible when driving a manual transmission vehicle, which can be tricky.
- Better for Hills – Driving on steep hills is easier with an automatic transmission, especially when starting from a dead stop. Automatics do this easily without the need for extra attention from the driver.
- Less Risk of Stalling – Stalling a car is much less likely when driving an automatic, which will only do so if there is a mechanical issue. It can be embarrassing stalling with a manual vehicle.
Those who appreciate playing a bigger part in the operation of their vehicle might appreciate manual transmissions. Many drivers prefer to drive manuals after learning to do so. Here are some of the advantages of doing so:
- Less Expensive – Most cars are cheaper when they have a manual transmission. You can easily drop a grand off of the price of a new car when going manual.
- Better Fuel Efficiency – A vehicle with a manual transmission is often less complex. This can result in spending less at the gas station each time you stop. You can save approximately 10% driving a manual transmission car.
- Better Control – Automatics automatically choose gears but may be too cautious, which wastes power. With a manual, you make those decisions which can offer a higher degree of control.
The Choice Is Yours
Deciding which option is best for you is a personal decision. However, if you are in the market for transmission parts, such as transmission shift kits, Raybestos Powertrain can help. We offer some high-quality parts at great prices. You can learn more at www.RaybestosPowertrain.com.
Be the first to like.